Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'll have a tall skinny decaf accessory, please? Extra whipped cream.

The Starbucks on ECU's campus
There are not enough words to describe how OBSESSED I am with this establishment. It's not because of the delicious taste of the coffee. It's not because of their amazing Reduced Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake. It's not because of the frappuccinos or the cappuccinos or the lattes. It's because Starbucks is cozy. It's the perfect place to come with a book and sit. It's the memories made there, and the work that gets done when I go there, that makes me adore it so much. It's the way I can walk into any Starbucks in the world and suddenly be transported to a street corner in New York. I can think there. I can sit in a oddly comfortable wooden chair in Starbucks and people watch for hours and hours. The easiest way to say it is...
I LOVE STARBUCKS.
Which is why, if I am anywhere on campus other than my apartment or class, I am in Starbucks. And just like you saw in my first post on this blog, Starbucks is a fantastic place to see people wearing cute outfits. Do you wanna know why? BECAUSE cute outfits and coffee go together (or comfy clothes and coffee, but thats beside the point). DON'T ask me why, but they do. No questions asked.
Starbucks is an accessory of its own. Not just because you're holding it in your hand along with your outfit, but because (like the say in You've Got Mail) it expresses ones personality. You can tell what someone likes, what they don't like, and what kind of mood their in by the drink that they order. Starbucks IS fashion. One thing I noticed this week is that the color RED and BLACK AND WHITE STRIPES are VERY in right now! I saw so many people wearing red coats, or carrying red bags, or wearing black and white stripes. These are a two fashionable people I saw in Starbucks on campus, ordering their own accessories... 
So next time you're out and about and you need to add a little pick me up to your day, go to Starbucks and order yourself an accessory! Pretend you're on a street corner in The Big Apple and sip on some fashion! Not only will it satisfy your taste buds, but it'll be WAY easier on your wallet than a new bag!

keep on keepin' on fashionistas
<3 Lindy

2 comments:

Ashley said...

If Starbucks is fashionable, that may be the one accessory that keeps me up with the trends. Ha! : )

Laura Maddox said...

jealous! that seems like so much fun! I love that outfit ashley olsen has on to! I miss you and starbucks!