Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pastel Perfection

As many of you already know, pastel hair coloring has been the newest CRAZE in the fashion world. From celebrities such as Katy Perry, Lady GaGa, Rachel McAdams and Kate Bosworth to countless runway models, this hairstyle is threaded throughout the hair of some famous fashionistas.
Earlier today as I was on Twitter I spotted a post about coloring your hair with chalk and I was instantly interested! After clicking the link I saw that Lauren Conrad recently uploaded a picture to Instagram of her hair in a "Cotton Candy Bun." What she did was twist her hair into a cute top knot and then coated it with some pastel coloring with a light pink soft chalk. The concept is AMAZING and I am in love.
picture from MTV.com
The thought of being able to add some color to your hair and then wash it out that night is IDEAL for me. I love the pastel hair trend but I don't know if I'd be able to deal with it every single day. With chalked hair just imagine how adorable hot pink and red tips would be for Valentines day, or multicolored hair with a black dress for a fun night out! Perfect?...I think so. I am definitely trying this trend this week...like probably tomorrow.
picture via Pinterest
I will be sure to upload the results of my hair experiment for ya'll to see! Check out this link to The Beauty Department to find out how to do this fabulous style on your own locks! Stay tuned for a picture of my version later this week...

keep on keepin on fashionistas
Lindy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i actually love this. i've been known to sport a pink streak in my hair year round and for me it's a little surprise, and cheers me up whenever i see it. i recently colored it out, but may be trying it again soon :)

Ashley said...

I can't wait to see how this turns out on you!