Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: PPT's Author on Fashion Segment!

WOW! What an experience. About a week ago my sister and I were asked to model some clothes for Celebrity Looks on a College Budget for Charlottes Fox News Rising and I was SO excited! How many people get this opportunity?? So after I immediately said yes, Bridgette, the head of Charlotte Style Magazine, assigned a boutique for me to go to where I had to bring in a celebrity look, and then find an ensemble that looked similar to that celebrities look but cost a lot cheaper! The look that I chose was Kim Kardashians look during fashion week. She wore a silk shirt dress, curled her hair, and accentuated her waist with a belt. This is KK's look...
Super chic right!? Well my look was a little different! Instead of a dark green I chose an army green romper designed by Charlie Jade from an adorable boutique called The Pink Hanger that already had a silk belt attached, but still had the deep V-neckline and mid length sleeves. My sister Laura decided to model a chic one-sleeve dress that resembled a Stella McCartney gown that Eva Mendes wore to The Met Gala. Laura's look was from a boutique called Petal and was designed by T Bags. Laura chose to make her look more funky, casual and school appropriate. Here is the Eva Medenz look...
After arriving at the news headquarters we walked into the dressing room and touched up our makeup and dressed in our ensembles. The minute the assistant walked into the room to call us to the set my heart started pounding in my chest. I know that local news isn't a big deal, but to me it seemed like I was about to star on American Idol or something! I was nervous! We walked onto the set, lined up in order and the producer began to count down... 
5five
4four
3three
2two
1one
Then one by one we got to go up on stage and model our look while Bridgette and the anchor talked about who designed it, how it resembled the celebrities look, and how that look applied to college fashion. I had a BLAST! It was SO much fun! Here are some pictures from our exhilarating experience...
And if the pictures aren't enough, check out the video that the Foxs News posted on their website!
I still can't believe that I got to be featured on the news. Not only was this exciting because it was something new and different, but wearing these chic clothes made it even more up my ally! It's something that I am DEFINITELY always going to remember! There is even more exciting news coming later in the week, make sure you stay tuned for that! Hope everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday! And (cue news broadcaster voice) that's all we have for today ladies and gentlemen...

keep on keepin' on fashionistas
<3 Lindy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome! you're so lucky!

Shay said...

Congrats! This is awesome!

Lindy Maddox said...

Thanks guys! It was so fun! :)