Friday, July 1, 2011

Fireflies and French Braids

As humid July nights roll in, so do lightning bugs and big hair! After a delicious dinner out to get mexican food, my family and I spent a relaxing night on the back porch reading magazines, catching fireflies in mason jars, and playing with our dog Rocky. Nights with the family normally require a casual outfit and a quick and easy hairstyle! The other day when I checked out the new Gavin DeGraw music video for Not Over You, I fell in LOVE with the main actresses messy french braid ponytail! Heres the video so you can see where I gained my inspiration....
(make sure you pause the music at the bottom of the page before watching)


And here is my version of it...

Its very easy and quick! All you have to do is make sure you hair is either wavy or curly after you take a shower, and then once it dries you pull your hair back into a regular french braid (making it as messy or as poofy as you like it) and then instead of finishing it all the way down just fasten it with a rubber band and pull it tight so that the ponytail is big and curly...and there ya go! Simple as THAT.

All my casual ensemble consisted of was some blue semi-smokey eye makeup, a bandeau bra, a baggy off-white tank top (knotted at the bottom) my short sleeve loose coral cardigan, some cuffed jean shorts and my brown motorcycle boots. Just another easy way to put together a cute and casual outfit for a relaxing night out to eat, or back porch sittin!


keep on keepin' on fashionistas
<3 Lindy

No comments: